Becoming a Supplier
UTC Aerospace Systems is committed to developing robust supply chains that support our system integration philosophy. Suppliers are an integral part of our supply chain strategy, and we continue to seek high-performing suppliers that can strengthen our supply chains.
Our selection process is based on the following criteria: quality performance, leadership, financial strength, continuous improvement culture, cost competitiveness, product development/improvement, Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) compliance, customer service and reliability. We expect all of our suppliers to engage in continuous improvement programs that increase organizational efficiency, reduce product costs, improve product and process performance, reduce cycle times and eliminate waste.
We expect suppliers to be progressive in managing all aspects of their business. To become a UTC Aerospace Systems preferred supplier, there are specific characteristics which must be demonstrated:
- ACE and Lean Manufacturing are in place and visible
- Cost-competitive culture
- Commitment to year over year regressive pricing
- Understands the value of low cost sourcing
- Flexible cash terms
- Short cycle times
- Financially stable
- Robust and visible metrics
- Provides on-time, defect-free products and services
- Understands and utilizes UTC Aerospace Systems web based tools
- Registered to Aerospace Quality Specifications
- Strong commitment to Environment, Health and Safety
- Proactively seeks solutions to problems without UTC Aerospace Systems intervention
UTC Aerospace Systems strives to build integral relationships with core suppliers in each commodity. Competitiveness will be based upon selecting and nurturing suppliers to attain best-in-class achievement with demonstrated performance of zero deliveries of non-conforming material and 100% on-time delivery. Our suppliers have a passion for continuous improvement in all business and manufacturing processes and we support them through training and development in those areas.