Kidde Aerospace and Defense (KAD) has established a worldwide network of Product Support Centers (PSCs). The major PSCs maintain the following features:
- Dedicated spares Stock Room and Inventories.
- Repair and Overhaul facilities separate from the main factory.
- Dedicated full time product support specialist personnel.
Being the largest supplier of aircraft fire protection in the world enables us to field the largest Product Support team to support operators after the product has been delivered and installed. We outnumber and outperform our competitors' product support in all areas: Field Technical Services, Technical Publications, Repair & Overhaul and Spares Distribution.
The resources and corporate expertise of our international organization are available to all of our customers. This reduces the technical and economic risk to any customer who deals with a KAD affiliate company. In addition, customers receive the benefit and convenience of product support applied on a worldwide basis. Specifically, this includes:
- Regional service calls throughout the world.
- Common product support guidelines.
- Support offices staffed with direct KAD employees.
- Worldwide capability for overhaul and repair parts distributed on a regional basis.
KAD has a solid background in identifying and ensuring the availability of spares. This is also reflected in KAD organizational structure and support policy, which places emphasis on responsive spares support to both commercial and military customers.
Initial Provisioning Spares
As part of KAD service to customers, experienced personnel are available to advise and assist in calculating spares requirements for service introduction of new airplane types, based on customer operating data (number of aircraft, number of bases, routes, etc).