Kidde Aerospace and Defense (KAD), is a business unit of UTC Aerospace Systems, a United Technologies Corporation company. Kidde Aerospace and Defense, headquartered in Wilson, NC, is the world's leading supplier of fire protection and safety systems products for civilian and military aircraft. KAD is also a leading provider of fire protection and safety systems for ground vehicle operations.
There are six companies that comprise the KAD group:
- Kidde Aerospace, located in Wilson, North Carolina, USA
- Fenwal Safety Systems, located in Wilson, North Carolina, USA
- Kidde Graviner, located in Colnbrook, England
- L'Hotellier, located in Antony, France
- Kidde-Deugra, located in Ratingen, Germany
- Kidde Aerospace & Defense-Australia, located in Melbourne
Fire/smoke detection and extinguishing products
KAD produces a wide range of products and services within the area of aeronautical fire detection and extinguishing. These products include aircraft cargo compartment fire detection/suppression, powerplant fire detection/extinguishing, APU fire detection/extinguishing, cabin and lavatory fire protection systems.